Walking Boot and AFO Alternative - RecoverX Brace
A lightweight (14 oz.) alternative to a walking boot, TayCo Brace provides the ONLY rigid brace that fits over your shoe, changing the way ankle injury recovery looks and feels.
- Trusted by 25,000+ patients
- Fully restrict inversion and eversion (side-to-side ankle movement)
- Compatible with a majority of shoes and work boots, fits over OSHA-compliant footwear
- Easy to put on and wear underneath or on top of pants
- Foam padding provides maximum comfort and minimizes brace movement
- Support straps help conform the brace to any foot and leg, can be adjusted and trimmed
- Durable and adjustable bottom stirrup strap for a secure fit
- 3 hinge options from fixed, limited motion, or free motion to minimize deconditioning and support rehabilitation process
- The RecoverX Brace is great for supporting light exercise, but is not designed or recommended for use during sports activities
- Recommended by podiatrists and orthopedic surgeons across the United States
Is this brace right for me?
Our braces are commonly used for the following conditions:
- All Fractures in the Ankle/Hindfoot
- Achilles Tendinitis – Ankle Achilles
- Ankle/Hindfoot Sprain
- Calcaneofib Sprain
- Contusion - Ankle/Hindfoot
- Maisonneuve Fracture – Non-displaced
- Medial Malleolar Fracture
- Pilon Fracture (Distal Tibia) – Ankle
- Post-Traumatic – Ankle
- Stress Fracture – Ankle
- Chronic Instability of Ankle/Hindfoot
- Gait Unsteadiness
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Partial Drop Foot
- Sensory Loss of Ankle/Hindfoot
- Walking Difficulties
- Anterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Avascular necrosis – Ankle/Hindfoot
- Cartilage Disorder – Ankle
- Charcot’s Joint, Ankle/Foot
- Chronic Disorder of Ligaments
- Congenital Deformity (Club Foot) – Ankle/Hindfoot
- Complication – Device-Internal Fixation - Ankle/Hindfoot
- Idiopathic Osteonecrosis – Ankle/Hindfoot
- Monoarthritis – Ankle
- Osteoarthritis 2 (Secondary) – Ankle
- Primary Osteoarthritis Ankle
- Osteochondritis Dessicans – Ankle
- Pathological Fracture – Ankle
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Removal Internal Device + Ankle Fracture
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Ankle
- Synovitis and Tenosynovitis – Ankle
- Soft Tissue Disorder Ankle/Hindfoot
- Traumatic Anthropathy – Ankle/Foot
- Traumatic Arthropathy – Ankle
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Total Ankle Arthroplasty
- Valgus Deformity – Ankle
- Varus Deformity – Ankle
INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY: This is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal, or any other type of professional advice. Always consult a doctor or medical professional for diagnosis and treatment of any pain or injury.
The RecoverX Brace supports all shoe widths. Select brace size based on shoe length size. If you find yourself between two sizes, size down.
Tailored to Your Needs
Our ankle brace offers three hinge options: fixed, limited motion, or free motion. Choose the one that suits where you're at in your recovery process best, whether it’s making sure your ankle doesn’t move at all or you’re reintroducing movement to minimize muscle deconditioning. Versatility is key, and we've got you covered.
Have a nondisplaced left ankle tibial fracture. VA gave me a CAM boot-within 2 DAYS my already problematic back/hip/knee(right side) were totally inflamed. Tried a "level up" brace on the right side-didn't help. Knew I needed a different solution for the 6-8 wk healing process & started doing research on line. The Tayco Brace kept coming up. Was skeptical of the "magic fix" & searched for nonbiased reasearch. Found numerous outside sites (Military & Medical) that endorsed the success of the Tayco brace of my type of fracture. Still had concerss & called Tayco-Gavin answered all my remaiing questions & I ordered the brace-received it sooner than expected-(unfortunately for the VA to get approval to provide the brace would have taken several weeks before it could even be ordered). I have been wearing the brace all day for about 10 days now. My injured ankle feels totally supported (better than with the CAM boot), I'm wearing BOTH of my own shoes with my previous custom orthotics and my back and hips are NOT contorted-I have little or no secondary pain & the brace is confortable enough to wear ALL day. Will encourage the VA to make this DME available for other veterans,
Thank you, Catherine, for sharing your incredible story! We're so happy the brace is working well for you.
The 1950’s era 4 pound cam boot that I was sentenced to wear was cumbersome and didn’t offer the amount of support the TayCo does, for me it was a no brainer. I sent a video and pictures to a friend who is a retired orthopedic ankle surgeon and he was very impressed and mentioned he wished this had been available for his patients, I am a satisfied customer!! Tibia Fibula ORIF 2 plates 16 screws
Thank you for your review, Gabriel! We wish you the best in your recovery.
Am able to maneuver without the pain I experienced with the Cam boot. I am also using a knee scooter to stay off my foot and leg as much as possible.
The brace comes up mid leg unlike the short boot which still came up to my knee front and back making it impossible to bend my knee for walking or standing briefly when needed. I could not function even with toilet necessities.
Much easier on the back and spine and gait as well.
When you send samples to physicians I would suggest you ship Medium in stead of Small as more people fall into that shoe range. Just my opinion per my experience with what my physician received and has not yet been able to pass on to her patients.
Thank you, Joan! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and the physician feedback.
Wanted to try the one you can order online before going through the process to get the fitted version. It works great at keeping my ankle stable and I will be getting the fitted one as soon as possible.
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, David! When the time comes, we'd be more than happy to help speak with your medical provider if you'd like.
Im out of words.. ive been wat hing my steps for over 30 years and yet managed to dislocate my right ankle at least twice a year . Had a bike crash 11 years ago and got 2 plates and 12 screws in my left one. For the 1st time in my 47 years i feel i can walk safely and not cringe at the idea of rolling my ankles again .thank you tayco
Thank you for sharing your journey with us, Alexandre! We're so happy you've found something that provides the support and stability you've been searching for all these years.